Monday, March 27, 2006

NOTICE

I have added a link to Seneca's works in English on the left side of the page. All six volumes of Seneca's works (Epistles and Essays) from the Loeb Classical Library are available for free viewing. The pages look awkward at first, but this is because the text is broken according to the pagination of the LCL editions. If you are interested in reading the context surrounding any of my excerpts, I encourage you to do so.

Where possible, I will include not only the usual volume, book, verse notation; I will include also the notation used by the site linked to.

Ex: [ESS 1-7] means Loeb Classical Library, Seneca's Moral ESSays, Volume 1, page 7; [EP 2-5] means Loeb Classical Library, Seneca's Moral EPistles, Volume 2, page 5.

Hopefully this will make Seneca more accessible to everyone interested.

-Lucilius
By the way, wherever my translation differs from the LCL translation, you should of course prefer my translation.

7 comments:

Rev. Daniel A. Hinton said...

Since this post is of an administrative nature, I have to ask: what's with the link to the Christian vegetarians? Is this something you're advocating?

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I advocate everything on the CVA website, but I do encourage vegetarian lifestyle where I can.

I hope that doesn't make me a "tree-hugging hippie."

;)

Anonymous said...

BTW, this site isn't about veg and I don't want it to become about veg, so I'll gladly remove the link if it becomes a distraction.

Also, thanks for asking the question under the umbrella of "admin posts." Much more appropriate than asking under a "real" post. Thanks.

Rev. Daniel A. Hinton said...

No distraction at all, just wondering.
If there were a "comments" link in the sidebar, I would have used it.

As for being a "tree-hugging hippie," I leave it to your conscience to convict you.

;)

Anonymous said...

It's definitely a distraction. Vegetarianism is a commy-pinko way of pushing realized eschatology. Therefore, commy-pinko realized eschatology is obviously the new polemic of this blog. What are you, a tree hugging hippie?

Anonymous said...

Your probably one of those wacks who is sympathetic to isshinryu too...

sheesh

Anonymous said...

I support Christian vegetarianism.